Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Work in progress



This is a close up on a full body painting I started about a month ago. I still have a lot of rendering to complete, but I figured I would post what I have thus far. I created this piece as a study of color and skin tone for my next body of work, although I have been unhappy with the end result. Post critique yesterday, I have concluded that my new work will be on a much larger scale than I have previously worked with and I will be rendering skin tones with a less monochromatic approach.

In my landscape painting class we were required to recreate a painting of our choice, I chose Abbey in the Oak Orchard, by Friedrich. I was content with the end results, though it was a struggle to recreate the work of another artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment