Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Graduate Work


Finished my first piece of graduate art work, as of tonight. (need to get a better image...) Putting in the frame tomorrow, which will bring it to it's final state of completion. Overall, I am satisfied with the general outcome of the piece, aside from a few small things I might change. I believe this has been a successful trial of how I am going to render future work, and I am especially satisfied with the color scheme.
I am currently working on a larger work that includes the whole female figure and will hopefully be shooting reference photos for my next pieces this week. I have decided to narrow down my research on perception to focus on the process of belief, by incorporating religious ideology into my paintings. Not necessarily in a religious sense, but as motif to look further into how we perceive ourselves in our own lives, as well how we perceive others, as we work towards an 'end good'. Mainly focusing on why there is a need to perceive an outcome for all that we sacrifice, or work towards on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment